PDA

View Full Version : Cutback Exhaust

merc 00
10-12-2004, 07:04 AM
I have a 2000 C230K Sport I am wondering where can I get a Remus Cutback exhaust and what is the price?

Thanks!!

ShollyC220
10-12-2004, 07:26 PM
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home.asp?dir=remus&cat=7&cat_name=Performance&sub_id=23&product=338&sub_name=Exhausts&wizard=1&s=&sec_id=15&sec_name=Remus

check it out---> not sure on how reliable they are, as I have never ordered anything from them. I'm now gettnig an exhaust custom built, so I won't be buying this. Price isn't too bad for a catback. (p.s.- the future tips are the coolest!)

69chevelle
10-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey just wondering..... Are you going to cut away the rear bottom of your car to let the exhaust tips show or are you going to let the tips hang below the bumper. i have the same vehicle and am trying to decide what to do...

All I want is crome tips to show but our model has the stock exhaust pointing downwards. I dont know whether to let the tips hang low, get a whole new rear bumper or cut a slot for the tips to show??

Wait...I think the best is to do a custom exhaust job and spend some big dollars! ;)

11-11-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by 69chevelle
Hey just wondering..... Are you going to cut away the rear bottom of your car to let the exhaust tips show or are you going to let the tips hang below the bumper. i have the same vehicle and am trying to decide what to do...

All I want is crome tips to show but our model has the stock exhaust pointing downwards. I dont know whether to let the tips hang low, get a whole new rear bumper or cut a slot for the tips to show??

Wait...I think the best is to do a custom exhaust job and spend some big dollars! ;)

I'm wondering the same thing, and, considering my elegance and quite stockl car I'd like to avoid any modification to the bumper, I'd like a sport exhaust with same factory configuration: downwards...may be it seems strange but I prefer.

I belive that the only solution is a customized one.

Besides, sport exhaust are really noisy I'm ofraid to increase Mercedes acoustic confort.

Please what's your ideas?:rolleyes:

ricerokets4life
11-11-2004, 05:05 PM
i wouldnt want to cut/modify my rear bumper either. i did a quick test fit with those oval AMG tips off a SL55 and they look so-so if they just sit down low like that.

11-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Don't really exist a sport ehhaust with a cutback shape?

I'll buy for sure.:(

11-14-2004, 10:36 PM
please does someone have self modified/cut the stock bumber (no AMG model). How it will look?:(

or oes the sport exhaust come with a different shape (I refer to the silencer not the pipe) in order to permit that the pipe come directly (in line) out of the lower bumper, instead of the cut-back shape.

A photo of a AMG exhaust compared to a stock C230/280 exhaust will be usefull.

This because I would buy a sport exhaust cutting the cromed pipe and propably still utilize the cut-back shape.

thanks a lot for any help.