PDA

View Full Version : Custom Exhaust tips

Andrew C280
05-05-2004, 09:28 AM
I want to put some nice chrome tips on my car I have all the tools to do the job welder, pipe bender. I would like to use my existing factory exhaust , my problem is i cant find any nice tips for two, what would any one think about combining the two outlets into one with something like a Y pipe.

714guy
05-05-2004, 10:30 AM
i think it would a lot less work to just get a new exhuast. or you can find those tips that you screw on, but it won't look to great with the tips.

Andrew C280
05-05-2004, 02:49 PM
i like doing the work i was just going to bend some custom tips and put them on nice crome but i can find anything decent to start with i think i am going to take your advice and buy a new exhaust, remus how dose it sound on the C280 and is $75 a good deal a friends has it and its never been used.

fastmayte
05-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Yea i also wanna keep my stock muffler due to sound....i am going to add in some m3-like tips. or just stright chrome tips. no rolled or angled cut. they are just done now. well tips are 5 bucks each and i got a muffler guy who's really good at welding asking around 35 bucks (his usual rate). can't get any cheaper than that. :)

oh tips from oriely, pepboys. they have some $5 ones i had them on my beetle welded on and they were good. didn't fade or anything.

Andrew C280
05-06-2004, 03:12 AM
yah i was looking at those style tips,
I can do all my own welding and bending and am just looking for an afternoon project to keep me busy
i was going to go dual with a cadiliac sts oval kinda look like the mercedes oval, first i am going to check out this remus exhaust though.

benzfan
05-06-2004, 04:06 PM
I have a Remus on my 280. I live in east end T.O. If you want to hear it, let me know. I could meet you somewhere on the weekend.

fastmayte
05-06-2004, 04:21 PM
oh yea, i just saw i remus on ebay for 75 bucks. well a day or 2 ago. it was for a c280

i think oval on each side would look great. :)